Sunday, 4 June 2017

London


Whenever these horrific atrocities happen I feel lost for words. That they happen so frequently leaves me further dumbstruck. I sat and watched the rolling news come through last night and the early hours feeling so numb.  I haven't the words again today; all I have is thoughts and those thoughts are with the families of the victims and those people injured and receiving treatment as I type.

I do think it's right that election campaigning should continue as soon as possible. I know it's not a popular view, but these murderers (and that's exactly what they are, I think we do them a favour sometimes in calling them terrorists, like it legitimises or makes sense of their cause and actions somehow) want to destroy democracy and we simply cannot allow that to happen.

2 comments:

  1. They are not human like the rest of us - I feel they wanted to do something before the big Manchester music concert tonight, which will be seen worldwide, to put a damper on it. Well guess what murderers (they were stabbing people too), the music continues and all the things you hate about our western world. Surely blowing oneself up for a cause (even the IRA did not do that) is the stupidest thing ever ..... so little regard for their own lives and bodies, let alone anyone elses ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, Michael. I can't help but be struck by how amateurish the whole thing sounds. They drove a van into people, got out and stabbed anyone in sight and they wore fake explosive vests. They couldn't even make a bomb to send themselves to paradise. It's a sad echo of the events in Westminster in March, like a copycat almost, which makes the losses occurred last night all the more tragic in a way

      Delete