Thursday, 29 December 2016

Out On Blue Six: Christine & the Queens

The Top of the Pops special on Christmas Day has long been a tradition. Perhaps because of the fact that the show no longer exists in the weekly format (the BBC air just two episodes a year now; Christmas Day and New Year's Eve) or perhaps maybe it's just because I'm getting older, but watching it this year left me in a state of complete bemusement. I hadn't heard of the majority of the performers and found the music to be utter dross. And the less said of the presenting duo, Reggie Yates and the ever-irritating Ferne Cotton, the better. However, the real highlight of the show, the only song and performance I truly enjoyed, was this one from Christine and the Queens.... 


I've ordered her album from Amazon now as a direct result of this appearance.

End Transmission


2 comments:

  1. Glad I'm not the only one who felt like that - my 9 year old son knew more of the songs than me.
    I did like the young Swedish lass though maybe not for her music..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was alright until this year, then I was like 'what the hell is all this crap?'

      Delete