Friday, 26 August 2016

Save Liverpool Women's Hospital, Save the NHS


I hope all the people who voted for Brexit with the absurd idea that the NHS would be revitalised if we leave the EU feel thoroughly conned and ashamed today as the government reveal some of the most harshest and damaging cuts to our already beleaguered health service.

There are several petitions regarding the threat facing the NHS in your area on 38 degrees that I urge you to check out and sign.

Which leads me to one particular hospital in my area that is facing closure - the prestigious Liverpool Women's Hospital, star of Channel 4's One Born Every Minute.

The Women's is an award winning maternity institute that cares for extremely poorly babies at the start of their lives, their mothers and is also at the forefront of fertility research.

I don't know if it is the done thing to publicise such things, but it is via that last specialty which it provides that I have come to know the Women's as the caring, pioneering and first class hospital it is. It is this personal experience that means I am urging you to do your bit in protecting its future.

Please sign the petition and share it.


There will be a march through Liverpool commencing from the hospital at 12pm on Sunday, September 25th. For more info see the campaign's Facebook page. I'll be there.

2 comments:

  1. Signed.

    Fuck every single Tory voting Brexiteer cunt with a rusty barbed pole.

    ReplyDelete