Tuesday, 15 December 2015

Out On Blue Six : The Spice Girls

I never really thought I'd be sharing music from The Spice Girls on here, but it is approaching Christmas and this track, 2 Become 1, was Christmas number 1 in 1996 selling 730,000 copies. Like most songs from the girls, it was rather embarrassing, notably here in the lyrics (seriously, alluding to putting a johnny on?) but I always felt the musical arrangement for this one suggested a polished and glossy air not always heard in their work. It sounded grown up, even if the lyrics were not. I didn't like their work back in the day, and I still don't now, but this one is the closest I get to enjoying their output.


This guilty pleasure was released 19 years ago now. Where did that go too?

End Transmission


No comments:

Post a Comment