Sunday, 11 October 2015

RIP Henning Mankell

More sad news which I've only just stumbled across - one of my favourite authors, Henning Mankell lost his year long battle with cancer earlier this week, at the age of 67.



The Swede Mankell arguably created the genre of Scandi-Noir that has become so popular the past few years, by giving the world the detective Kurt Wallander, one of my most cherished literary creations. Indeed, I refuse to read the last Wallander book or watch the last series made for Swedish television because they both explore his descent into senility.

There are no words for how much I admired the writing skills of Henning Mankell and how much joy he gave me with his many novels. I am deeply saddened to hear this news and would direct readers to The Guardian's obit for a proper obituary.

RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment