Thursday, 25 June 2015

RIP Patrick Macnee

Another terrible loss to the showbiz world, Patrick Macnee, star of The Avengers, has died at his Californian home surrounded by his family aged 93


Friends of this blog may know me all the way back to the days of Myspace, when I ran a John Steed profile celebrating all things The Avengers and Mr Macnee. These people will appreciate how saddening this news is to me.The Avengers has always been particular favourite of mine and Macnee was the epitome of elegant English cool that I would often daydream as being in my younger days. He was always a delight to watch and I have many happy memories. 

Thank you Mr Macnee for those memories.



RIP

3 comments:

  1. RIP to a legend - 93 though is a great age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, same age as his wartime oppo Christopher Lee. We've lost some legends this year

      Delete
  2. My first and greatest rôle model, never to be forgotten...

    ReplyDelete