Thursday, 9 April 2015

Five Weeks

Five weeks what you ask?

Well its five weeks ago today since I last had any alcohol



I'd previously done three weeks without the booze this year and found it not only a refreshing break, but a great way to lose weight. I am now almost a stone and a half lighter than I was in 2014 which makes me very happy as my new year resolution was to lose some weight/get healthier. So, five weeks today I decided to knock the drink on the head again. 

Surprisingly - for someone who has always been steeped in the drinking culture - I don't miss it at all. But then I haven't been especially sociable this past month so maybe that's a factor in staying dry. I can see the benefits; the aforementioned weight loss, a clear head, less indigestion, less IBS pain, feeling fresher and healthier. I'm really enjoying sobriety and I fully intend to get at the very least another week out of it to double the length of my last abstinence period.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. no drinking during the rainy season for me is not a big deal. However, hot season it would be impossible

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done.

    I gave up chocolate for a month a couple of years ago and found it an interesting experiment. It was a fun little challenge for myself and I guess I was probably healthier at the end of it than at the beginning.

    Good luck with making it to your sixth dry week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete