Friday, 30 January 2015

Theme Time : Peter Moss - Grange Hill




I've previously shared Alan Hawkshaw's much loved Chicken Man, the original theme for Grange Hill on Theme Time here, but I thought it only fair to show the second theme from Peter Moss which made its debut in 1990 and remained the theme for the show until 2007, before Hawkshaw's original returned for the final year.


It's funny isn't it how this more recent offering, introduced to sound more contemporary for the 1990s, has dated much more than the original theme isn't it?

I'm currently working my way through the first four series of Grange Hill on DVD and absolutely loving it. Shame they haven't released any more series after that though. I guess the BBC just said no...geddit? Suit yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment