Friday, 5 December 2014

The Cream of Manchester


Watching Melanie Sykes take part in the ritual humiliation of D list celebrities - I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here - has reminded me of her time in the 90s, when she was every teenage boys pin up (including mine!) and the face of Boddingtons with a series of brilliant ads that held their tongue firmly in cheek when it came to the glamour and pretension of advertisements at the time and the Northern humour and stereotype.



Check out these others ads for Boddingtons sans Mel, but featuring actresses Sarah Parrish and Anna Chancellor and model Debby Carr. Remember these? 





2 comments:

  1. Mercifully, I've never caught I'm a Celebrity, but it was great to see these ads again. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to help, aren't they just glorious?

      As for I'm a Celeb, I find it totally naff but strangely addictive.

      Delete