Monday, 21 April 2014

Out On Blue Six : Al Green

I have always loved this song by Al Green...





Do you have a song that brings back such definitive memories of a place and a time? This has become one of mine, and now when I hear it, I am instantly transported back to The Queens pub in Huyton one evening in 2002 I think when, surrounded by workmates, we had several drinks for one of our number who was leaving - off to a job entertaining in Spain. Her name was Jane Colligan and I think it was her who put this on the jukebox and had us all singing along.



That's her there. 

It's funny but of that crowd I worked with and ran around with back then, I've only kept in touch with one person, and he's there in the back of that shot. My best mate John (and he and I don't meet up as often as we'd like) Funny how, with one thing or another - some wilfull, some accidental - times tide casts us all adrift on its waves...let's stay together? Hmm. Still, great memories.

End Transmission



No comments:

Post a Comment