Tuesday, 10 December 2013

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

To the very day this time last year I posted with the very same title (its-beginning-to-look-lot-like-christmas) And today I'm returning to that theme to say the decorations are up, the cards are (mostly) written out and waiting to be sent,  and I've only a couple of presents left to buy (when someone tells me what it is they actually want!) It's certainly a little colder, though thankfully the storms of last week have abated, and I've a gig tonight at the Liverpool Philharmonic to see one of my favourite folk artists, Kate Rusby, perform her annual Christmas show - the second one I've attended.

And because as I always say, it wouldn't be Christmas without Charles Dickens I've settled down this year to a daily dose of Andrew Davies stunning and star studded 2005 adaptation of Bleak House



There's nothing better or more Xmassy than sitting cosily in a room, the lights coming off the tree, the decorations and the fire and a good classic Dickensian drama on the box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment