Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Out On Blue Six : Madonna

I was watching the 1986 Christopher Walken/Sean Penn film At Close Range and got to thinking back to when Madonna was actually good. The 80s basically. Back when she wasn't some panto version of herself, like a drunk rough looking aunt at a wedding desperate to shock, and with no creative output of any meaning or real quality at all.




I mean, this - which features heavily in the film - is a great song



I've always liked this one too, which was also used in a film, the Matthew Modine and Linda Fiorentino vehicle Vision Quest




Not that she was only good in the 80s you understand, I mean she's done some catchy enough stuff even in recent years -  though I am now staggered to learn this song is 19 years old already



End Transmission



No comments:

Post a Comment